The following is the simple process to follow to sign in to your Hotmail inbox.
Hotmail.com login procedure
- Go to your favorite web browser and type outlook.com or www.hotmail.com in the address bar.
- You will be directed to the Outlook.com sign in page for both these web addresses.
- In this official sign in page, you will find two type fields with email@example.com and password written inside it.
- Click inside the first type box and enter your email address that ends in @hotmail.com.
- Then move the cursor to the second type box and click inside this. This is where you enter your password.
- Once you have entered both the fields correctly, press on the sign in button and you will get quick access to your Hotmail email account.
Keep me signed in option
You can opt for the keep me signed in option if you are always accessing your Hotmail emails from your personal computer or device. The process to activate this feature is very simple.
- Open a new web browser window and type www.hotmail.com.
- You will be taken to the Hotmail account sign-in page.
- Enter your username and password in the respective fields.
- Before clicking on the sign in option, you should tick the box next to the ‘keep me signed in’ option.
- By doing so, you need not have to enter your username every time you want to access your Hotmail account.
- If you close your Hotmail account without signing out, then the next time you visit the hotmail.com page, you will be instantly directed to your Hotmail inbox.
Single use code sign in option
If it is difficult for you to remember your Hotmail account, then you can get over the password entry and initiate the single use code option. The process of setting up the single use code option is as follows:
- When you are logging into your Hotmail inbox, you should check on the singe use code option.
- Once you click on this option, you will be receiving a code sent to your mobile phone that you had registered with Hotmail during the account creation.
- If you have not added the phone number before, then you can do it now by entering the security settings of your email account and then clicking on ‘add a phone number’ option to add your number.
- As soon as you activate the single use code option, you will receive a code on your phone that you need to enter to get instant access to your Hotmail email account.
- Once the single use code option is activated, you will be receiving the code from Hotmail every time you want to log in to your Hotmail account.
Resetting Hotmail password
If you have forgotten your Hotmail password or want to change the current password, then you can do it very easily by visiting the Hotmail password reset page.
- On this page, you will have to choose as to why you are looking to change your password from the options shown on the page.
- On the next page, you should enter your email address and then prove that you are a human by keying in the characters that are shown on the screen in the type box for the same.
- On the next page, you will be allowed to create a new password.
Hotmail was launched in the year 1996 by Jack Smith and Sabeer Bhatia. They sold the free web based email service to Microsoft and since then the service has not looked back. It has gone through a lot of changes in the past two decades and from being called the Windows Live, it is now known as outlook.com. It has been offering top quality services and features for its global users. If you are in awe with Hotmail and love to own a classic email account, then you can still do it by registering for a Hotmail email account through Outlook.com. Just visit the www.outlook.com page and click on the sign up option. You will be directed to the Microsoft account creation page. There you need to follow the instructions given on the form and fill in all particulars asked for to successfully create a Hotmail email account. Once you have created the account, you can use the user credentials to sign in to your Hotmail account.